● OEM part number
● Material code
● OEM pump model
● OEM pump assembly drawing
● Equipment TAG
● Pump Description
● Pump Type
● Solid density (t/m3)
● *Slurry density (t/m3)
● *Design Capacity
● (m3/h )
● *Total Dynamic Head
● Slurry (m)
● D50 um
● Cw %
● The detail operating condition or data sheet of the existing pump
● The wet parts part number
● The performance curve of the existing pump
● Current lifetime of the existing pump
● The photos of the worn parts
● OEM part numbers
● OEM Equipment brand
● OEM Equipment Model
● Original OEM parts drawing
● Anuual quantity
1. If it is a mechanical seal structure, first reset the positioning card, and then loosen the locking screw of the shaft sleeve;
2. Loosen the compression bolts of the bearing assembly;
3. Loosen the shaft end on the adjusting bolt and the two nuts at the pump head end (generally there are three nuts);
4. Turn the adjusting bolt clockwise to push the shaft group forward until the impeller and the guard plate stick to it and cannot rotate (according to the rotation direction of the pump when turning the pump);
5. Loosen the nut in the middle, and then slowly adjust the nut on the side of the pump head until the impeller can rotate normally (according to the rotation direction of the pump when turning the pump), and there is no friction with the front and rear guard plates;
6. Finally, lock all the nuts on the adjusting bolt, and the adjustment is completed.
7. Tighten the compression bolts;
8. Tighten the sleeve locking screw;
9. Finally, take out the positioning card.
(Note: 8 and 9 are operation steps for mechanical seals)
Some problems may occur after the slurry pump is used for a period of time. Early detection of problems and timely solutions will not only ensure the continued use of the slurry pump, but also reduce economic losses. Slurry pump manufacturers summarize the following common faults and solutions for reference.
1. The slurry pump does not absorb water
There are three reasons: 1. The suction pipe is blocked or leaking; 2. The impeller is worn; 3. The steering is wrong.
Solutions: 1. Clean up the blockage in the suction pipe or block the leak; 2. Repair or replace the impeller; 3. Check the steering.
2. Vibration and noise
Causes of failure: 1. The installation of the pump is not on the horizontal line; 2. The impeller is unbalanced; 3. The intake pipe is not uniform; 4. The feeding is not uniform
Solutions: 1. Check whether the pump body is level during installation and operation; 2. Replace the impeller; 3. Strengthen the stability of the intake air; 4. Improve the feed status.
3. The pump bearing is overheated
Causes of failure: 1. Too much or too little lubricating oil; 2. Improper assembly and improper bearing clearance; 3. Lubricating oil is contaminated with debris; 4. Bearing damage.
Solutions: 1. Add lubricating oil as required; 2. Assemble and adjust the gap as required; 3. Replace with new lubricating oil; 4. Replace with new bearings.
Four, pump bearing life is short
Causes: 1. The motor shaft and the pump shaft are asymmetrical and not parallel; 2. There is friction in the pump or the impeller is out of balance; 3. There are foreign objects in the bearing and the lubrication is not good; 4. The bearing assembly is unreasonable
Solution: 1. Adjust the motor shaft or pump shaft, if the shaft is deformed, replace it directly; 2. Eliminate friction and replace the impeller with a new one; 3. Take out the bearing and clean it; 4. Reassemble reasonably.
5. Leakage at the packing of the pump
Causes of failure: 1. The packing is seriously worn; 2. The shaft sleeve is seriously worn; 3. The sealing water is not clean
Solutions: 1. Replace with new packing; 2. Replace the shaft sleeve; 3. Replace with clean sealing water.
A slurry pump is one of the essential pieces of equipment in the mineral processing industry. Their main function is to be used as a power source for pipeline transmission. If the use method of the slurry pump is unreasonable or the model is blindly selected, it will cause a series of problems such as waste of energy consumption and excessive wear of the slurry pump. Then we must choose and use the slurry pump correctly and reasonably according to our actual working conditions so that we can make efficient use of the slurry pump.
In fact, the slurry pump is mainly used for transportation, so the transportation efficiency will depend entirely on the operation effect of the slurry pump. If the slurry pump works well, the delivery efficiency will be high, otherwise, the delivery efficiency will be low.
How to improve the operating efficiency of the slurry pump? First of all, to ensure the efficient operation of the slurry pump, the gap between the impeller of the slurry pump and the front guard must be adjusted in time. Generally, the gap between the metal-lined pump impeller and the front guard plate is between 0.5-1mm, while the gap between the rubber-lined pump impeller and the front and rear sheaths should be equal.
When adjusting the impeller clearance of the slurry pump, first stop the pump, loosen the bolts that compress the bearing assembly, screw the nuts on the adjusting bolts, and then move the bearing assembly forward, and then turn the shaft by hand to follow the pump rotation direction Rotate until the impeller of the slurry pump rubs against the front fender. For metal lined pumps, the nuts just tightened in front must be loosened by half a turn, and then the nuts in front of the adjusting bolts must be tightened so that the bearing assembly moves backward, and the gap between the impeller and the front guard plate is 0.5-1mm. For rubber-lined pumps, by screwing the nuts on the adjusting bolts, the bearing assembly of the slurry pump is moved forward first, so that the impeller is in contact with the front sheath, and the bearing assembly is moved backward so that the impeller is in contact with the rear sheath. The moving distance of the total slurry pump out of the bearing assembly ensures the correct clearance value between the impeller and the front and rear sheaths.
After the adjustment, before restarting, it is necessary to recheck whether the impeller rotation of the slurry pump is normal and whether the compression bolts between the bearing components and the adjustment bolts have been tightened, and then the slurry pump can be restarted.
Only by making the slurry pump run efficiently can the delivery efficiency be effectively improved, the production efficiency can be improved, and the cost can be saved.
1. Be sure to monitor traffic at any time. During the operation of the slurry pump, it must meet the parameter requirements. Once the flow is unstable, it must be adjusted in time.
2. If it is in a pipeline system equipped with a cyclone, a slag flushing system or a filter press dehydration system, you must also pay attention to whether there is a certain pressure at the outlet of the pipeline. And in this kind of system, you should also monitor whether the pressure can meet the requirements.
3. In addition to checking the flow and pressure during the operation of the slurry pump, you should also check the current of the motor. The current of the motor cannot exceed the rated current. The temperature of the motor cannot exceed the specified value.
4. Check oil seals, bearings, etc. for abnormalities in time. If an exception is found, it needs to be dealt with immediately.
5. During the operation of the slurry pump, it should be ensured that the slurry pump will not be evacuated and the pool will not overflow.
6. There should be no air leakage in the suction piping system of the slurry pump. The grille of the suction port of the slurry pump should meet the requirements of the largest particles that the slurry pump can pass through, so as to prevent large particle materials or long fiber materials from entering the slurry pump and causing blockage.
7. Be sure to replace the wearing parts in time, and the maintenance and assembly must also meet the parameter requirements. The gap adjustment must comply with the regulations, and there must be no phenomenon such as jamming and friction.
8. It must be able to ensure the coaxiality of the motor and the slurry pump, and ensure that the elastic pad in the coupling is intact. If it is damaged, it should be replaced in time.
9. Make sure that the components and piping system of the slurry pump are tightly closed.
During the use of the submerged slurry pump, there will be noise and the body vibrating. How are these formed? Let us introduce it to you as a reference:
1. The bearing assembly is unreasonable. Reinstall the bearing and shaft, or replace the bearing.
2. The lubricity of the bearing is not good. Excessive impurities will lead to short bearing life, the bearing should be taken out and cleaned before use.
3. There is conflict in the submerged slurry pump or the impeller is out of balance. The conflict should be eliminated or a new impeller replaced.
4. The motor shaft is not symmetrical or parallel to the pump shaft. The motor shaft or pump shaft should be adjusted, and if the shaft is deformed, the shaft should be replaced directly.
1. The key to improving the service life of the wetted parts of the vertical slurry pump is to increase the number of carbides in the high chromium cast iron. The wear resistance of wetted parts is closely related to the specific content levels of carbon and chromium in high-chromium cast iron. For example, technicians optimize the wear resistance of high chromium cast iron by increasing the carbon content to increase the amount of carbides. Technicians optimize the corrosion resistance of high chromium cast iron by increasing the chromium content.
2. Corrosion of wetted parts is caused by mineral cutting or broaching metal surfaces of different sizes, shapes, and hardnesses. That is, when hard minerals disrupt the relatively soft metal matrix, causing carbides to fracture, flake off, or corrode, thus causing wear on the overflow part.
3. The wear of the flow parts of the vertical slurry pump is not only related to the design of the equipment but also affected by the operation method during use. The wrong operation method will lead to accelerated wear of wetted parts. The same goes for foam pump accessories.
1. The bearing assembly is unreasonable. Refit bearings and shaft, or replace bearings.
2. Poor lubrication. If there are impurities, the life of the bearing will be shortened. The bearing should be taken out and cleaned before use.
3. There is friction in the submerged slurry pump or the impeller is out of balance. The friction should be eliminated or a new impeller should be replaced. .
4. The motor shaft is not symmetrical or parallel to the pump shaft. The motor shaft or pump shaft should be adjusted, and if the shaft is deformed or bent, simply replace the shaft.
1. In winter, after the pump is stopped, the liquid in the cavity should be emptied in time to avoid freezing.
If the liquid is frozen in the pump, it must be defrosted slowly. Do not use strong fire or add a large amount of high-temperature liquid suddenly. This can cause the pump to burst due to thermal expansion and contraction.
2. When the pump is running, do not hit the pump, otherwise it may cause damage to the pump.
3. Avoid hydraulic impact (that is, water hammer impact, when the conveying height difference is greater than 80m, a one-way valve should be installed to prevent the pump from being damaged due to backflow of slurry when the pump is stopped)
4. It is strictly forbidden to inhale large pieces or clusters of metal and hard foreign objects, so as not to impact the high-speed rotating impeller and cause damage or blockage of the pump.
5. Slurry pumps are generally used in more important places. Once an accident occurs, it will affect production in the slightest and may endanger personal safety in severe cases.
Since the oil residue, mud, quicksand, and other fluids pumped by the submerged slurry pump during the working process contain many impurities and dirt, the magazines must be cleaned after a period of use, otherwise, it will easily lead to equipment blockage and Work efficiency drops.
1. Before the slurry enters the pump cavity of the submerged slurry pump, a filter should be used to separate the solid impurities. Filters are generally used on occasions where the concentration of impurities is not high (less than 2%), otherwise, the filter needs to be cleaned frequently, generally 10-50um.
2. The external flushing method can also be used to make it difficult for solid impurities to invade the sealing surface. This method is recommended when the impurity content in the medium is large and the temperature is high.
The above are the three methods that can correctly remove impurities in the submerged slurry pump. I believe that mastering these skills can help you achieve a good maintenance effect. In addition, when using the slurry pump, the staff must pay attention to checking its shaft seal. You can add an appropriate amount of sodium-based grease through the oil cup on the decompression cover, and seep out from the leakage at the packing gland. as well. The water pressure of the shaft seal is generally 0.35kg/cm2 higher than the pump outlet pressure.
1 Disassemble the inlet and outlet pipelines of the slurry pump;
2. Remove the fixing nut of the slurry pump casing;
3. Remove the pump cover, sheath, and sheath apron in sequence. (Pay attention to whether the sheath apron is damaged), lock the motor shaft end, and then rotate and disassemble the impeller according to the rotation direction of the pump;
(Note: When disassembling the mechanical seal impeller, the positioning card needs to be reset, and then disassemble the impeller)
4. After the impeller is disassembled, pay attention to observe whether the O-ring of the impeller end seal is damaged;
5. After the replacement is completed, install them in the reverse order of disassembly.
High chromium slurry pumps are widely used in daily life. After a long time of use, the bearing will heat up. Customers who encounter such a situation don't need to worry, just rule it out according to the following reasons. There are mainly 5 reasons:
① The cold water is not turned on or the cooling water tank is blocked. The cooling water function should be turned on or the cooling water channel should be dredged.
②Equipment lubrication is not good. The amount of lubricating oil should be adjusted according to the instructions.
③The lubricating oil is not clean and there are impurities in the oil. The bearings should be cleaned and the lubricating oil changed.
④The direction of the thrust bearing is wrong. According to the inlet pressure condition, adjust the thrust bearing direction.
⑤ The air outlet of the bearing is blocked, resulting in the inability to discharge the hot air in the bearing box and causing the temperature of the equipment to rise. The air outlet should be cleaned.
When installing the bearings of the slurry pump, clean the bearing body, end cover, shaft and other assembly parts to prevent dirt, protective coating or lubricating oil from adhering to the bearings. Do not wash off the lubricant applied to the bearing by the manufacturer. The manufacturer uses a high-grade acid-free lubricant (there are no chemicals and impurities that may cause corrosion). Any lubricant added must be absolutely clean, to do this please take the following measures:
1. Cover the sliding cylinder to prevent dirt from entering.
2. Use a special tool to take out the lubricant. Do not use a wooden scraper but a steel knife or a putty knife, because they can be wiped smooth and clean.
3. If a lubricating gun is used, the grease nipple and lubricating parts should be kept clean.
1. The precision fit between the bearing and the bearing body is not enough.
For the problem of bearing use accuracy, the grinding records of bearings should be carefully recorded and analyzed. Check whether the geometric dimensions and machining accuracy of the shaft and bearing housing are consistent with the drawings. Therefore, when choosing a slurry pump, you must find a reliable slurry pump manufacturer. In this way, the products produced are qualified and the quality is guaranteed.
2. The problem of lubricating oil.
If the lubrication is not enough, it is necessary to add lubricating oil regularly. In this process, we must pay attention to the choice of lubricating oil. Regarding the choice of lubricating oil, the first thing to consider is the model of the slurry pump, because different types of slurry pumps require different lubricating oils. There are two main types of lubricating oil for slurry pumps, namely organic oil lubrication and butter lubrication.
During the daily maintenance and overhaul management process of the slurry pump, it is necessary to frequently adjust the screws out of the packing gland. If the screw is tightened too tightly, it will easily cause the heat of the packing to be too high, and it is easy to burn out the packing. Conversely, if the screws of the packing gland are loosened too much, it will easily cause leakage. Moreover, this sealing form often uses water as a cooling and lubricating medium. If the pressure is too large or too small, internal leakage and external leakage will occur.
Some users are now paying more attention to grease-lubricated packing seals and mechanical seal structures. Simple grease lubrication has the advantages of a simple structure and low price. But at the same time, it also has a poor heat dissipation effect, and the local temperature is easy to be too high, which accelerates the loss and aging of the filler, and greatly shortens the service life of the filler. This will result in reduced maintenance intervals and increased maintenance work.
Although the mechanical seal has a good sealing effect, the structure is relatively complicated, the price and cost are too high, and the maintenance and installation are difficult. For this reason, it is necessary for the technical staff to how to organically integrate the two grease lubricating and sealing structures, carry out bold transformation and innovation, and solve the sealing problem of the slurry pump.
1. The slurry pump is blocked. This is mostly due to hard deposits inside the volute. The sediment must be cleaned up in time, otherwise, the slurry pump is likely to stop production due to silting.
2. The shaft of the slurry pump and the stuffing box are not concentric. The main reason may be that the error of the production design is relatively large, or the installation is not correct, so it should be checked again after installation.
3. The inlet and outlet pipes of the slurry pump are blocked. It may be due to the serious wear of the impeller. It should be replaced in time, or it is caused by air leakage at the packing port, just press the packing port tightly.
4. The poor lubrication of the slurry pump may be caused by dirty lubricating oil. It is best to clean the bearings before changing the lubricating oil.
5. The temperature of the slurry pump is too high. It may be due to the blockage of the air outlet of the bearing, or due to the expiration of the lubricating oil or excessive impurities, and the misalignment of the shaft and the bearing. This requires dredging and cleaning the air outlet.
6. The density of the conveying medium of the slurry pump is uneven, which may cause vibration when the slurry pump starts. The medium should be stirred evenly before using the slurry pump.
7. The slurry pump vibrates greatly. It may be caused by the excessive clearance of the bearing. Therefore, in daily work, it is necessary to observe the condition of the pump at any time. When it is found that the bearing is damaged or the pump shaft is not concentric with the motor shaft, it must be adjusted and replaced in time.
The correct use and daily maintenance of the slurry pump is very important. To make the slurry pump operate normally, not only must it be used according to the instructions, but also it must be checked at any time during the use process, so as to find problems and solve them in time.
Question 1: Air leakage in the suction pipe or packing of the slurry pump
Solution: Plug the leaking part
Problem 2: The steering of the slurry pump is wrong or the impeller is damaged
Solution: Check the steering of the slurry pump and replace the new impeller
Problem 3: The suction pipe is blocked
Solution: Discharge the blockage
The impeller is the main flow-passing part of the slurry pump. Its main function is to transfer the energy of the motor to the liquid. Slurry pump impeller generally consists of three parts: connecting part, blade part and cover part. It is made of different materials such as cast iron, stainless steel, rubber, etc. The high chromium alloy material improves the wear resistance and corrosion resistance of the impeller after heat treatment, machining and other processes, and prolongs the service life of the impeller.
2. Mechanical seal
The main feature of the mechanical seal is no leakage and no dilution of slurry, which can be selected according to site requirements.
The mechanical seal of the slurry pump is suitable for harsh working conditions with extremely high solid particle content, and is mainly used in alumina plants, flue gas desulfurization systems, power plant ash removal systems and other industries. The mechanical seal adopts cartridge type, which is easy to install and the size is not affected by axial adjustment.
3. Pump body and volute
The pump body of the slurry pump adopts a double-layer pump casing (double-layer metal structure inside and outside). The shell structure of the double pump casing is mostly vertical split type, and the position of the water outlet can be rotated at 45° intervals for installation and use in multiple different positions. The pump body is also made of high chromium alloy material, which is the most durable and has a longer service life.
4. Auxiliary impeller
In addition to the function of shaft sealing, the auxiliary impeller also plays the role of balancing the axial direction. The slurry enters the auxiliary impeller chamber through the gap between the pump casing and the main impeller, and the auxiliary impeller generates a force in the opposite direction during the rotation to prevent the leakage of the slurry in the main impeller chamber. Reduce the stress on the shaft and increase its life.
1. The stainless steel material is characterized by low price. It is suitable for working conditions that do not require high pump quality, with low input cost and high-cost performance.
2. The natural rubber material is characterized by strong corrosion resistance. If the slurry to be transported is corrosive, using a stainless steel slurry pump will seriously shorten the service life of the slurry pump, so it is necessary to choose a rubber lining at this time.
3. The high chromium alloy material is more wear-resistant. If there are stones, sharp and angular hard particles in the slurry that needs to be infused, the slurry pump made of high chromium alloy is the most suitable. The high chromium alloy material has a longer service life and lower maintenance costs.